First of all I'll start by doing a dedication to my number one idol: Marc Jacobs
I simply LOVE everything he makes. 'Marc Jacobs' and 'Marc by Marc Jacobs' are simply the best!
![]() |
| Marc Jacobs |
Biography
Marc Jacobs is an American fashiondesigner who was born in New York. He was born on april 9th 1963.
After graduating from "The Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design" in London (1981). He studied at the Parsons School of Design. In 1984 he joined forces with Robert Duffy, forming a creative collaboration called Jacobs Duffy Inc. He became famous in the fashion world in 1988 when he along with Duffy began working for Perry Ellis in 1993 and a "grunge" collection designed for the fashion house, which also resulted in an immediate dismissal. In 1986 he released his first collection under his own name. Meanwhile there is also the younger line Marc by Marc Jacobs to come. Marc Jacobs since 1997 artistic director of Louis Vuitton, which he first prêt-à-porter line drawing. He sees film director Sofia Coppola as his muse: a stylish and dreamy woman with a timeless and yet girlish look.
So not only is he a handsome man who has a great sence of style ánd makes gorgeous clothes. Now he works for Louis Vuitton too! One of my favourite brands! (This due to my mother who is a number one Louis Vuitton fan ever since she was a little girl)
How my passion for MJ started
It all started 3 or 4 years ago when I was walking down the street and I stopped to look through a shopping window. There they were. Three little mouse-ballerina's/flats.

I really wanted them but they were too expensive. They were 230$. A couple of months go by and I feel sorry that I didn't buy them. I thought they would never come by again, I was wrong ! Since then he brought out mouse flats every spring. One day I'll buy them ! hopefully not too late! You have the plastic flats (made in rubber) that cost 135$ (those are the cheapest) and then you have the more expensive flats that cost 195$, 230$ or the once that are covered in bling 250$.
My dreamdress
This year Marc Jacobs, as director of Louis Vuitton, invented an amazing dress. I was looking at the Louis Vuitton fashion show (on the carrousel) it was simply beautiful. At the end of the fashion show suddenly Kate Moss comes out and wears this AMAZING dress. It's a white dress covered with feathers and lotusflowers.
![]() |
| Kate and Marc (JEALOUS!) |
![]() |
| Kate during the spring show 2012 |
Website: http://www.marcjacobs.com/



Go Tanya !
BeantwoordenVerwijderenIk was ook zot van die muizenballerinatjes, maar ik vond ze inderdaad ook een beetje te duur. Maar ze zijn gewoon drop dead gorgeous!
BeantwoordenVerwijderenAniissa